Here are 5 journaling quotes from Samara O’Shea that are so smart, I had to write them down in my own journal:
1) “A journal… is the path of pebbles you leave behind you, so you have the security of knowing you can always return to where you’ve been”
2) “The older I get, the more I see people who don’t know themselves very well. It’s a great paradox, not knowing yourself, but it’s very real.”
3) “The purpose of your journal is to serve as a mirror for your mind”
4) “I’ve learned that happy endings come in all shapes and sizes—if you don’t look closely sometimes, you might even miss them—and they rarely (if ever) resemble parcels packaged by Disney”
5) “If you wake up and find that your life is really convenient, I suggest running (not walking) to the next challenge. Life is meant to be rewarding, and reward only comes from hard work that you want to be doing. The work can be physical, mental, or emotional. It can entail an occupation, a relationship, or a project such as building your son a tree house. You have to find those things that are worthy of your pursuit, and it starts by being honest with yourself. Pull out your journal and be brutally, painfully, overwhelmingly, and cathartically honest with yourself.”
From Note to Self, a book I would highly recommend to anyone, avid and aspiring journalers!